Why me?

Discussion in 'For novice traders' started by Thuto Tuki Baori, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Thuto Tuki Baori

Thuto Tuki Baori New Member

Here is a common problem almost we traders always face. You place a trade and the market seems to move in the opposite direction of your order. Does this happen to you? One thing I have lean't as a technical trader, i am a firm believer in "Trading what I see and not what I think." Since then my trading excellence and skills have gone to another level.

2. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

Sometimes it does. It is a tricky thing. Well, market is so dynamic. You just have to keep trading and be a more expert in seeing the market to trade.
    Awesome tips, by the way!

3. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Yeah, it's happens on me too and I thought it's common problem of the traders. to cover that happened, I always give my best to analyst the market.

4. Roman Rias

Roman Rias Member

Yes, it happens a lot and that’s why you often ask WHY ME! But the problem is that whenever it goes into our direction, it is not hugely beneficial because we close it too early. So, if we want to succeed then we need to make sure that we stick with the trade instead of closing too early.

5. There is nothing like why me. If we are capable then we will mostly win but if we lack skills and depend on luck then this will be common. We need not to think about luck but we need to think seriously.

6. andengireng

andengireng Member

Whatever our trading system. Whatever the indicator. Take the paper and pen (or open microsoft word). Write our trading system, when we enter, when to get out, how many lots are opened, where put TP and SL. Include a screenshot of it. Make it as detailed as possible. Make it as if we are teaching elementary school children to trade our million dollar money. After that print and laminating if necessary. Put it next to the computer. If the trading system succeeds 50% then BE LOYAL.

7. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

you're saying 50% of success rate is the passing grade of that trading system being successful? I think it should be a little higher. 50-50 is still in borderline failure.

8. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Hmm, maybe 50% is the minimum level. so if the result under 50% you can look for another trading system and if the result 50% or more then you have to loyal with that trading system.

9. broforex

broforex Member

For those of you who are still lay, of course wondering about how the hell do I play forex? Many people imagine the easy way, buy currencies at low prices, then sell at high prices. In fact, to be able to do well and achieve profits, it takes an understanding of the rules and how to trade forex

10. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Well, you can just basically follow some signals provided out there, including the ones that FreshForex provided. But once again, it would be so much better if you can analyze the market too in order to make a better decision of your trading...

11. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

The analysis must be studied and we will understand more when trading in a real account :)
    Just remember "Practice makes perfect" :)

12. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Well, it doesn't mean that every analysis will be right when you have take your time on practicing it. It will be better in terms of making such decision, especially when the market price is against you...

13. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Yes Sir, you are right, I must be prepared with the decisions taken if the market does not meet my expectations.

14. broforex

broforex Member

Just want to share my opinion, I like to trade in Metatrader 5 as my trading platform. Because Metatrader4 only provides charts in nine timeframes, but MT5 can display 21 timeframes, ranging from M1, M2, M3, M5, M10, and so on up to the annual timeframe. Beside that, traders can open 100 charts at once. Features for trading with tick charts are also available. This is obviously very profitable trader, both scalper who likes low timeframe and swing trader.

15. broforex

broforex Member

Forex Trading is actually simple, easy and fun if we already understand all the system and get the "feeling" , whatever the pair .. Psychology and emotions of a person who makes forex trading like fighting with the most powerful force .. Create the newbie, most powerful to get a good understanding of the platform and the system, tackle your feeling with intention and serious interest.

16. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

It requires a lot of trading experience to get the best analysis feeling.:cool:

17. broforex

broforex Member

One form of risk management is the probability of winning and losing (win loss probability). In general, traders want the probability of winning more than losing. For example, a trader under certain conditions, will create conditions if he wins, he will get $ 500, and if lost, he will lose $ 250. This distance is what is in forex term called 2: 1 win rate. Obviously if the opposite happens, then the trader must immediately get out of the transaction, or he will suffer a significant defeat. To technically calculate the probability of profit or loss, can use stop loss and take profit facilities. Can also calculate using profit calculator.

18. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

This is the reason someone has to test their strategy on their demo account to see their win-loss chances on their trading strategy. Take your time around couple months to see it's performances

19. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

I still use a demo account to learn and also test the latest techniques, because it is not necessarily new techniques according to us and I have tried new techniques in a real account that even lead to large losses.

20. broforex

broforex Member

One reason is because when you are in the "comfort zone" of the sideways market - making a profit every move up and down - but turned floating loss because it is still holding position when the market turns into trending. Hold position against the market is a mistake. Profits that have been generated for 1 year, just disappear in 1 night. Worse yet, if you have to deposit again just because you're not ready to cut loss.