"Unknown" features of MT4 and MT5

Discussion in 'MetaTrader trading platform' started by Volkov Yuriy, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Volkov Yuriy

Volkov Yuriy Administrator

MT4 has a lot of opportunities that I did not even know about before.

Who else knows more interesting options about which is not written in the help?

2. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

I love how this platform just keeps improving. I have just tried MT5 and I'm liking it! it helps me trade. Not that MT4 is not better though. MT5 is just more advanced.

3. Francmorio

Francmorio Member

I trade with both MT 4 and MT 5 they are both good just that MT 5 has the latest advancement but when it comes they are both great.

4. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

agreed. of course some parts of MT5 still need improvement. but let's give it time. it is still a baby after all :D soon it will be the best, i reckon

5. Roman Rias

Roman Rias Member

We need to be fully aware of all the features. It is not sensible to use this or any other platform without knowing about it completely. There are so many sources through which we could learn, so we shouldn’t be backing out from learning.

6. andengireng

andengireng Member

The one click trading feature allows you to open positions faster than the conventional way. By conventional means, you need to press the New Order button or press F9 key on your keyboard.

With one click trading, you simply click on the small triangle icon in the top left corner of your chart to bring up the SELL and BUY (Trade Panel) options in the currency pair. Alternatively, you can also press Alt + T from your keyboard.

7. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

Ooooh I did not know those keyboard shortcuts. Now I'll make profit faster :D or lose money faster. hahah, knock on woods. Anyways, Thanks a lot!

8. Francmorio

Francmorio Member

To scroll candle by candle on an mt4 platform, you only need to press the F12 on your keyboard, by doing this, you will candle by candle instead of using the space or right/left arrows

9. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

#TodayILearned :D
    So I get to see candle by candle, got it. How about on mt5? is it the same? or do they have different commands?

10. andengireng

andengireng Member

MT 5 is same, the difference is on speed and tools that you can use. The tools is better than MT4. Mt5 is faster and smother, and about commands, it is just a little difference. You will know how to use MT5 in short period of learning.

11. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

i am still learning MT5 now in demo account. while trading in real account of MT4. once i get the hang of it, i'll try MT5 ;) it does seem better. and i'm sure it will get better as well.