The Power of following the Trend

Discussion in 'For novice traders' started by Francmorio, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Francmorio

Francmorio Member

Most traders always underestimate the power of trend, but from my years’ experience, understanding the direction of the market gives you an edge other others. In fact, understanding the trend is almost 40% having a successful trade. In every currency pair even before you think about executing a trade, seek to know the trend first and foremost, understand the overall direction of the market and determine the “key retracements “within that particular. I tackled retracements on this thread

Note, anytime you’re against the trend, you’re going below waters, you’re sinking without any helping hand, you’re drowning, if you can’t establish a trend in particular chart, it’s safe and very wise to leave that chart and focus on others that are clear. Again, trend is your friend, follow the trend and you’ll always be in money. Another thing most important, either you’re in a downtrend or an uptrend, if your find yourself trading consolidations, you’re digging into a hard rock, in the end there’s nothing to be gained, but energy lost, time wasted. Trading consolidations in forex is like wasting time, unless your trading Binary options. In binary options, consolidations could give you an edge over others. In forex, always stick to the trend

2. andengireng

andengireng Member

The last term, usually always connected with the most sophisticated advice, "Follow The Trend". If the price is down, we have to sell. And then, when prices are rising, we also have to go buy. Impressed as a very simple theory, and indeed the implementation is very easy. But the reality is, this rule is probably the rule most often violated by the trader. I still often violate this one. Why? because in the end we are just human beings.

3. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Active Member

I agree with you that we have to follow the trend, because as retail trader we also have a small power in market, so for the safe trade, we have to follow the trend when we trading. and the important thing is we have to improve our trading skill including market analyse.

4. broforex

broforex Member

One of the basic skills for a forex trader is identifying trends. Maybe for those of you who already have high flight hours as a trader, identifying trends is not a problem. But for beginner traders, how to recognize this trend is often a crucial problem that you don't want to be faced with.

5. broforex

broforex Member

Why has no patience ?? Forex market is a 24 hour market. Never stops. This means that as a forex trader can choose when to trade. Some people have daily jobs and do not have the time it takes to trade during the day, so they can trade at night. People who make a living as a forex trader can choose to trade anytime day or night. At this point, the 24 hour market allows traders plenty of flexibility.

6. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Trading is waiting for the right moment, don't just enter the market, make sure we have an analysis

7. broforex

broforex Member

Yes, trend is your friend. Scalping technique is a method where a trader takes small profits periodically by opening and closing a position several times a day. In this way, traders try to get profit when fast movements occur. A scalper will act quickly when the release of economic data or significant news that affects economic movements in progress.

8. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Following the trend in my opinion is a simple way to analyze trading, for novice trader like me.

9. broforex

broforex Member

Yes, agree that's basic of forex trading, so the fact is you don't need to find so many strategy, just support and resistance, if you mastered it, your analysis will become so powerful.

10. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Learning analysis via Telegram FreshForex also helps improve our trading analytical knowledge.

11. broforex

broforex Member

Yes, 1 minute or 5 minutes TF is okay, the point is the lower TF. The point is you have to follow the trend. Talk about spread, it is good if you trading with FreshForex and choose 0 spread account, it is good for your trading activity

12. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Very grateful to Freshforex which has comfortable and fair spreads, so that scalping techniques can be used properly.

13. broforex

broforex Member

The technique or strategy in playing is aimed at looking for profits quickly or some say in the term to make a little profit but often. However, many scalpers only wait open too long to get big pips, but there are also other scalpers who get small pips, but in trading in a day they can do a lot. To get this fast moving profit, traders or scalpers need complete calm and concentration to play it. If you are working in an office or teaching a student, you will not be able to concentrate on playing it.

14. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Alright, Sir. Freshforex is a good broker, and I hope, we do take it well and smart. We seem to be on the right path anyway. good luck to us.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022 at 3:11 PM