Some Types of Indicators in Forex

Discussion in 'Trading systems and market analyzing methods' started by ibm'73, Nov 6, 2017.

1. ibm'73

ibm'73 Active Member

There are hundreds of different types of indicators found in this forex world. This indicator is basically a script or program written by the programmer. Here I will discuss some frequently used or commonly used "indicators". Indicators typically indicate market conditions overbought / oversold. The market will often reverse when the indicator shows OB or OS. However, such situations do not always apply.
    Here are the 4 types of commonly used Indicator:

1. Moving Average (MA)
    2. Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)
    3. Bolinger Band (BB)
    4. Relative Strength Index (RSI)

Moving Average
    MA is one of the most popular indicators. There are several types of moving average. Simple Moving Average, or Exponential Moving
    Average (EMA), Weighted Moving Average (WMA). MA is the approximate market closing price for a set time. The MA is a line that will move up or down, according to market direction.
    Example:
    To calculate MA for 10 days (10MA) is as follows
    We will mix market cover prices for 10 days and divide up to 10 days.
    Below are examples of 100MA and 50MA. All calculations will be made by the program

[​IMG]

One of MA's main functions is to know which trend is going on. The MA is a type of lagging indicator. It means it moves according to price. So this MA does not predict anything, It's just "confirm" that a trend (uptrend or downtrend) is going on

[​IMG]

As in the above example, in an uptrend, Ma will be below the market price and it will leap over, and vice versa in the downtrend.
    For example, most traders will consider keeping their long positions longer when market prices are above a moving average.

"Momentem" or trend strength can be changed by using a smaller MA, for example less than 20 days. The smaller the price estimate is stronger than her momentum. Often the MA less than 20 days can be classified in short-term, 20-100 medium term and 100 over long term trends. Traders usually use more than 1 MA to see the overall market movement, in terms of short, mid and long term MAs can also be used to determine the "level" that can be regarded as support and resistance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MA examples are used as resistance.
    Another MA function is to set our SL. The MA feature that can be a support or resistance is a "tool" that we can use to minimize our risk in our trade.

[​IMG]

In this example, we consider MA200 as a support, and have long open positions, what can be done is SL we can set it under this line support.
    One of MA's downsides is that it's useless when the market is consolidating or flat. Examples below illustrate MA's disadvantage when the market is not trending or not in trend, uptrend or downtrend conditions.

[​IMG]

Be careful with "lag" MA. Since all MAs are lagging, the signal is
    given by the MA is often slow, when the market has already made its move. Such a situation will always apply.

[​IMG]

The basic way to utilize MA for trading is "crossover". That is when the market moves from the bottom of the MA downwards, or moves from bottom to top.

[​IMG]

Another "crossover" method is to use more than 1 MA.
    This type of "crossover" applies when MA "shortterm" intersects with MA "longterm".

This method is used to identify "momentum" or the strength of a market movement. The long signal is generated when the MA shortterm intersects the MA long term and the signal for short is produced when the MA shortterm intersects the MA longterm. The example below shows the signal for long result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Triple crossover" is a method that uses 3 types of MAs. For example MA5, MA10 and MA20. By adding MA, fake signals can be reduced.

Examples of buy signals. When MA5 intersects with MA10, and rises to the top, this indicates that buy signal has been generated. However, traders can wait until MA10 is traded with MA20 and goes up. MA10 intersects with MA20 can be used to confirm the buy signal produced by MA5 and MA10.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Nia likes this.
  2. Nia

Nia Member

articles that are very interesting and easy to digest for a beginner trader like me.

3. ibm'73

ibm'73 Active Member

thank goodness that this article gives a lot of feedback for you before you make a transaction

Nia likes this.
  4. andengireng

andengireng Member

There are so many indicator that you can use for help your trading activity, or you can customize an indicator become more "you". for example, if you have more experience on using MA, you can customize this MA with your own set, it will become more powerful because you know how to read it.

5. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

Yeah, choosing an indicator can be tricky. First you need to understand how it works. I like customizing my indicators in a way. makes it more understandable and suits my trading style better.

6. KathyBiz

KathyBiz Member

https://basofujuxu.ml

ACN Reps HAVE to acquire new customers in order to make this a legit business structure and not a pyramid scheme. The fact that you have to qualify before 30 days is done so that your upline is compelled to help you qualify as it is in his/ her best interest.Haitian Currency past and present. Various denominations of currency notes with photos and description. Haitian Currency past and present. Various denominations of currency notes with photos and description. Explore the beauty of Haitis people, land, and culture.

7. AleFizark1

AleFizark1 Member

kill bill full movie online samsung j2 frp file engineering mechanics dynamics 8th edition solution manual pdf download ios 11 for iphone 5s dilbar song lyrics download engineering mechanics statics 8th edition pdf download fb download for android pure vpn mod viclient download download linkin park papercut djmaza 320kbps songs download canon pixma 922 driver pubg mobile emulator app na pere kanchanamala song download 4k ultra hd 3d wallpaper download linton kwesi johnson mp3 3d hd wallpapers for iphone tshego garden den of thieves movie torrent nvidia gtx 660 download windows 10 google search for mac happy new year desktop wallpaper britt world wide books free download download instagram photo story

download workspace citrix mcleaks generator add in express download how to install terrarium on firestick top 5 music download apps crash bandicoot 2 android apk clash of heroes server 2 download jab tak hai jaan sad song scramble download download com pdf beautiful pink wallpaper hd ringtones for my samsung openvpn client download for mac clash of clans new update download for the rest of my life maher zain mp3 azadi full movie online haye dil bechara song how to download fortnite on amazon fire tablet download from skillshare full hd plain wallpaper mrtk download how do i delete downloads on my ipad iphone old ringtone download ricoh aficio 2510 driver

install latest node mac phlearn photography 101 free download download mad love by sean paul emirates logo font download mr bean clips fmge pass certificate download browsec for chrome how do i download custom content for sims 4 juyuntianxia download itunes 10.7 windows 64 bit pluto regular font mad about dance full movie download 720p xerox workcentre 7535 pcl6 driver download cyberlink crack mr sandman bring me a dream mp3 free download free download hotspot shield for android mobile how to download app with qr code count on me song mp3 cryptocurrency templates free download cash out mp3 download museo sans rounded 500 free download game of thrones episode 1 subtitles narayan gopal songs download download heic from google photos as jpg

kung fu hustle 2 full movie in hindi all torrent websites kvs exam date 2018 admit card install font on website download thinking you could live without me gifty osei fefeefe mp3 free download the seven deadly sins season 2 download pink floyd albums torrent the jungle book full movie download hindi cloister black a swalla classical mp3 download telugu movie abcd full movie free dll files a world of keflings pc download download tik tok video from link download vpn fast toy story 3 subtitles bts and blackpink mashup mp3 download stickman legends shadow wars mod how to install exodus firestick weight watchers apk hack after effects company profile template motivation victor ad watch waiting to exhale movie online free

8. AleFizark1

AleFizark1 Member

cubeecraft my little pony high quality background download logitech webcam c310 software download best live stream apk birds in the trap sing mcknight mp3 socha hai full song download poster sans bold font free download lego marvel super heroes android 1 dhoom full movie download 360p leo rojas pan flute david lutalo latest song halloween 2007 full movie download all marvel superheroes wallpaper m3 data recovery free belkin f9k1002v5 firmware where can i download videos from youtube desi kalakaar song download mp4 spotify beast mode playlist download apple sd gothic neo font download whatsapp old version download for android sweet victory trip lee mp3 download mama lyrics clean bandit geostorm english subtitles free download ringcentral download desktop

baby netflix torrent how to download anthem on pc ie 7.0 download gigabit offroad apk cyberoam client for corporate software download cat dance video download web platform installer latest version ada band full album naane naana song download ramanichandran novels list sticker line png download age of empires 3 complete collection crack dracula x snes rom dial up sound mp3 download download teamviewer com wiz khalifa decisions download mann kunto maula mp3 gta san andreas game file free download idn poker best website to download hip hop music halsey without me mp3 download free watermark maker free download install okta plugin chrome mercy said no mp3 free download

frank sinatra i love you baby mp3 download free jdk 7u201 download indivisible free movie download download movie from linkedin dionne warwick heartbreaker mp3 eassos recovery free review keepvid for pc spotify for mac cracked makehuman 64 bit video editor 7 wolfenstein 3d download dos the beatles help full movie 1080p civ 5 mac torrent minecraft 0.5 apk download beyond the boundary gaither vocal band he touched me mp3 download can you download fortnite on imac hiidude movies kannada gabbar singh mp3 songs slrr by jack v4 download sumit goswami army dfcu quick app website html copier microsoft essentials update download

windows 7 service pack 2 offline installer transfer photos from galaxy j3 to pc internet speed meter pro apk revdl kevin gates the truth mp3 download crfxfnm deamon tools pokemon sun and moon randomizer download fb latest version caffeine download pc humse ye soch kar mp3 download remix tutuapp vip iphone radmin server download indoxxi streaming movie jio rockers xyz movie download wildstar free download how to get garry's mod for free on steam nonton serial barat venda apostolic songs download skater android apk install sync 3 update usb up board original marksheet download multi card keno online free no download witcher 3 patch 1.31 download download vmix pro full crack o baby video song free download