Market Hours

Discussion in 'For novice traders' started by Tengkorakfx, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Forex trading market is open 24 hours a day for 5 days a week. This is a long period of time. Arguably, the forex market is open without any rest or sleep. For traders, this is certainly fun because they have the opportunity to double the profit anytime. Trading activities do not have to collide with office hours and time with family.

However, like in general ordinary market, forex market is not always busy every time. There are days where trading activity is busy, but there are also times and hours where trading is deserted even if the market stays open. The more crowded the forex market, the greater the opportunity to make a profit; while the more deserted the market, the less chance of profit.

So, the insight into time and hours in forex trading, is also very important. You can customize the character of your trading strategy with the character of forex trading time in general. In order to obtain maximum results from each of your trades.

Schedule of forex trading hours. The timezone is GMT + 2 (Central European Time, ECT):

[​IMG]

2. andengireng

andengireng Member

Yes, That's why I love to trading in Forex, because forex is never close, "money never sleep", so I can trading everywhere and every time, I just need internet connection to do it and start earning. Forex is the biggest and fastest money market. You can be rich at a moment, you can be poor at the same time, just give a limit with your risk, and you will success in forex market.

3. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Totally agree!. So the key is limit of the risk. we can counter the problem of forex trading with the minimize the risk. so we have to much learn about risk management.

4. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

The business that never sleeps! :D but we traders do need sleep guys. don't forget about that. hahah. just plan your trading well, be on schedule. trade, sleep, repeat!

5. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

haha, yeah sure. we do need sleep anyway! :D But I think i will add some on my schedule are trade, sleep, eat, travel, and repeat! haha

6. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

nice, travel! that is a good idea. mine would be "train" as in training, not the transportation :D
    what are we talking about, we should be talking about market hours. sorry, admin!

7. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

I thought you travel by the train :D. haha, I think that's an okay. travel is related to the market hours, how could it be? oh sure, because when we travel to another country then we have to look out for the market hours before start the trade. haha :D

8. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

we don't have train here in Bali :D it's where I live.
    Sometimes i want to trade other times, different market hours, but i can't because it coincides with other things in my life.

9. andengireng

andengireng Member

The guide to forex trading hours can be used as a reference, except when the United States and other countries apply Daylight Saving Time (DST). When DST, forex trading hours can be shifted forward 1 hour, so does the schedule of important events in the economic calendar. DST applies between March and November with different dates each year, so forex brokers usually make announcements when DST will start and end.

10. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

I just read some information about 'Trade Bank' system, it's the method where you can rely on the the beginning hours of each market (Asia, London and New York market). The reason some people trade around first 2-3 hours after the market opening because it has a higher volatility and the price tends to move in one direction at that time...

11. andengireng

andengireng Member

Peak liquidity occurs on Tuesday to Thursday. Trading activity increased during these days. Market movements that occur in these days provide better trading opportunities than at the beginning of the week. Even though every trader has their own trading style, these times can be a concern to increase your trading success. It could be that among you it turns out you prefer to use important data releases to enter the market or even just trade when liquidity is low.

12. broforex

broforex Member

Wow, this thread is very useful to me. So with this market hours, I know when to trade (open or close position) it makes me fell better, thank you for your share and I want to learn more about this market hours.

13. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

I noticed there are some good significant price movement on Gold on European market time. Usually on the first hours of Europe market session. I'm still trying to farm 20 pips from it with the equal amount of Stop Loss

14. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

yes it is very useful for me too :) welcome to this thread! this forum is new but i think the people are more "real" you know. not like other forums filled with IB promoting here and there :D success for you!

15. broforex

broforex Member

Europe, especially London, has been a world financial center since the era of the Industrial Revolution. The European market takes the largest portion, which is around 36% of total trade in the global forex market. About 31% of the trade is carried out in London, while the remaining 5% is in Germany. In line with that, the European market is the busiest time and time for forex trading, when thousands of big business people make transactions between each other.

16. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Especially when those 2 markets are in the same working time, you can see the currency pairs moving really volatile and this can be taken advantages for scalping trading since you don't need much time to wait.

17. broforex

broforex Member

New York is the center of trade and business in America. However, New York today is not only an American financial center, but a financial center of the world. Therefore, it's no wonder that the American session based in New York alone can cover around 19% of total global forex trading.