Do you increase risk/reward ratio after winning?

Discussion in 'For novice traders' started by Roman Rias, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Roman Rias

Roman Rias Member

Right risk/reward ratio is absolutely necessary and also increasing/decreasing it according to the requirement and situation. So, do you increase/decrease it according to the situation?

I certainly do that because I consider it extremely crucial and is what helps us make good profits and to achieve positive results.

2. andengireng

andengireng Member

If you ask me, No, I am not increase my risk/reward, I put TP and SL always same but I use "compound" so I trade with a bigger lot after winning. I do that for make sure my emotional still in control. So just play with your lot, not your TP/SL. Please always remember to consider your Money Management, don't let your emotional breaks your rules.

3. It depends a lot on what I want to do. If I am doing compounding then I certainly increase the risk as the overall capital grows. Actually, I don’t increase the risk but just the lot size as the risk remains same but just the lot size increases due to the capital growth.

4. ibm'73

ibm'73 Active Member

I always use TS (Trailing Stop) when I'm getting profit, installing TS for me is one of the risk limits if I menggalami defeat due to the turn of his price quickly.

Nia likes this.
  5. broforex

broforex Member

The amount of lot (volume) in trading is not determined by leverage but rather by the amount of capital. The greater your capital, the higher the lot trading you can use.
    Before determining the size of a lot, you must know the resilience of your funds against the currency pair you want to trade.

6. broforex

broforex Member

Effective Risk Management will produce consistent profits in trading. The reward level is usually determined 1, 2 or 3 times the risk, similarly if we use the trailing stop method by shifting the stop loss level, it should also be at 1, 2 or 3 times the risk level that we have set.

7. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

I usually increase my risk reward ratio when my profit hits the actual deposited amount of balance itself. For instance, I double up the trading lot after having 100% of profits, so then again after having 200% later. But of course, it's safe to just withdraw the deposit amount first before doing this kind of compound

8. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

My average trading strength is up to 1000 pips, so I won't be greedy using large lots in trading and always withdraw regularly.

9. broforex

broforex Member

Yes, more pips, more strength. Don't be greedy and you will be a successful trader, Risk and reward must be 30:70 for me. I think that is the healty risk and reward. But I know that every trader has their own risk & reward.

10. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Yes it is very important not to be greedy when trading, because it can keep our money safe.

11. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

That's why risk management exists, you can't just rely on a single trade to either succeed or to blow the entire balance of your account. Better to split it to several opportunities so that you don't have to worry about losing it big

12. liafatlouie

liafatlouie Member

Yes, Sir! Management risk is very important.
    It's better for my money to be saved by losing a little because of being touched by Stop-Loss, rather than losing all of my money due to trading without Stop-Loss.

13. broforex

broforex Member

For now, I tried to use compounding method, so I'm not increasing my reward but I open new position with the bigger lot. I think this strategy is more powerful, how is your opinion guys?

14. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

I have my own calculation towards this. Make 2 times of your capital and I can double the trading lot. Simple but needs to be consistent about it. Better to withdraw your own profits so you don't have to worry about losing later