Are you passionate and motivated?

Discussion in 'For novice traders' started by Roman Rias, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Roman Rias

Roman Rias Member

In life, there are two things that matters a lot. One is passion and other is motivation. No matter who you are, it is absolutely must to have both of these.

As passion is something that keeps you going even in toughest of situations while motivation is what enable you to be successful and get rewards consistently.

So, guys are you passionate and motivated about your work?

2. ibm'73

ibm'73 Active Member

Success and failure is an inseparable sequence, because prior to success it must have failed before. When you feel failure after failure continue to approach, do not let it discourage you. Do not worry, because you can be sure that you are a person who is already very close to a success and is right on your path to success.

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure."

Nia likes this.
  3. Nia

Nia Member

very constructive motivation once

4. andengireng

andengireng Member

Success is actually just the top of an iceberg. Most people will only see the surface but do not know what is beneath it. We certainly know how the iceberg structure floats in the ocean. Only a small part of the iceberg is visible above the water, while most of the icebergs are hidden under water. We see successful people because of their achievements and what they have (the part seen from icebergs), whereas the effort required to achieve such a result remains hidden, unwittingly (like an invisible iceberg underwater).

5. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

I guess I categorize myself as motivated. Without any motivation, I don't feel passionate about any particular stuff. As in trading, I'm motivated in earning money.

6. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

I do agree with this. But if you demotivated, it's not a wrong thing to take a break for a while and back to trading when you're ready...

7. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

For sure. However some people deal with demotivation by pushing themselves even more and just to shake off the negative feelings which demotivate them. It may work for some people. But not me. I do need that break.

8. andengireng

andengireng Member

Passionate ? How much money you gained from forex trading ?
    This is the first question people always ask, even if they only ask themselves. There is a simple answer to this question, nobody knows! No matter how skilled you are, you cannot control the market. You might be so lucky when you usually have one month of victory and every year is a year of victory.

9. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

Exactly. I guess that's why some people confuse trading with gambling. because it's like out of our control. we'll work on this. motivation or passion, whatever to keep us trading!

10. andengireng

andengireng Member

how exactly is the lifestyle of forex traders using the trading day strategy? The forex lifestyle of traders with Day Trading strategies is actually not "as cool" as many people think. All depends on each discipline. So, if you want to be a successful trader, you have to learn and learn

11. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

umm i think i lost you here. does "day trading" mean you're trading during the day, or you trade daily? or opening and closing orders in one-day period?
    i do agree on the importance of discipline though. it is fundamental.

12. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Most of the people said that day traders are those who trade on daily basis with a position that doesn't last for more than 24 hours. It also means that they're avoiding swap levels to prevent small losses on their trading results.

13. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

ah i see. but brokers like mine offer swap free account now, where this doesn't apply even if you leave the position open for days. sometimes i do that. all depends on the movement of market.

14. broforex

broforex Member

Passion is not same as emotion, especially when associated with trading. I recommend trading with passion, while trading with emotion are two things that must be separated far away. What I mean by "trading with passion" that I recommend here is 'trading with heart'.

15. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

true, it's completely different. emotion is more negative. as passion is positive and drives you towards betterness. hahahah look at me talking like a lifetime coach or motivator here :D anyway, let's trade positively, guys!

16. broforex

broforex Member

The lifestyle of forex traders, especially those using the Day Trading strategy, is often a conversation. Many are desperate to swerve out of work in the office just to get freedom by becoming a daily forex trader. However, not a few also avoid Day Trading for fear that the time will be taken to monitor the trading platform all day.

17. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Especially for those who are trade for living, they often in a conversation in a forum to discuss about the price movement itself. But the plus point is they are free on the weekend, some use it for relaxing and some using it for planning their next trading week.

18. NewbieTrader

NewbieTrader Member

i would say i am a day trader :D and yes, i enjoy this more than office life. but that being said, i don't make forex trading as my main income, because it's too dynamic and uncertain.

19. Tengkorakfx

Tengkorakfx Member

Unless if you have $10.000 or even $50.000 worth of deposit in your trading account, you can survive a day with 1% of daily profits in every day you trade. This what my mentor told me if I want to become a full time trader...

20. broforex

broforex Member

Yes, Agreed. So many traders can gain 100% in a month but his account can not survive until next month, that's not how forex trading works, forex trading can not make you rich instanly, but what is your strategy to survive your account.